One more week to go for Release 0.4 and I am well under way to get it done this weekend. Before reading ahead, you should read my previous post to get to know what is happened in this post.
My professor replied to my comment and gave me options to go around this problem. I have been doing that and hopefully will have a PR up by this weekend.
Things went bad and then good for an external PR. The repository , I was planning to work on was difficult to work with and setup so I stopped working on it and turned my head towards mozilaa-mobile Fenix project, a browser for android written in Kotlin. I chose the issue and started working on it until I realized this application takes a lot of time and resources to compile and it hampered my speed of writing and debugging code. I had to skip this repository and went back to the repository I worked with last time. I found the issue to work and got onto it.
The issue was a feature to be able to mark items in a list as favorite and sort the list by it. I have been enjoying working in Kotlin and this was another issue that can get me more comfortable with it. Hopefully will have a PR up for it by next week and will finish Release 0.4.
Happy Coding !
- Telescope: https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/telescope
- My fork of telescope: https://github.com/jatinAroraGit/telescope
- Issue in Telescope : https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/telescope/issues/259
- External Project: https://github.com/inorichi/tachiyomi/
- External Issue: https://github.com/inorichi/tachiyomi/issues/2322
- Release 0.4: https://wiki.cdot.senecacollege.ca/wiki/OSD_%26_DPS909_Fall_2019_-_Release_0.4
- Previous Post: https://jatinoopensource.wordpress.com/2019/11/23/release-0-4-planning/